Thursday 13 November 2008

4Watt a Year - 2 : Everyone Loves Fake Blood


I remember before going blog hunting crazy - the fault of Trash Menagerie setting me on the road to Hype Machine - that I came across 'Gasolina' and wondered who this Fake Blood was. I was blown away by the remix and invested via iTunes to get it into the podcasts.

Bondé Do Role - Marina Gasolina (Fake Blood Remix)

Next up was the appearance of Fake Blood's own 'Mars (edit)' on the Black Ghosts mixtape (funny that!) which appeared (albeit briefly early last year) on iTunes. With a bundle of Fake Blood and Crookers tracks I podcast (mix 28) at Easter (2008) more in the style or type of electro that predominates most of the 4Watt podcasts now. I've posted the Player's Player remix which works well in a mix.

Fake Blood - Mars (Player Player's 95 Jump Mix)

Finally, my overall favourite from my fake Blood remix files is his Dan Le Sac vs Scroobius Pip re-work of 'Look for the Woman'. This has all the classic Fake Blood breaks and bass, and the trademark 'Fake Blood' ident melded out of parts of the original vocal. Genius.

Dan Le Sac vs Scroobius Pip - Look For The Woman (Fake Blood Remix)

Fake Blood is Theo Keating. One half of The Wiseguys and The Black Ghosts.

He's a national treasure, so go buy Fake Blood on iTunes.

No comments: